How we use ‘Personally Identifiable Information’ (PII)
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will collect payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation.
- We will use the information to comply with the law or in the good faith and belief that such action is necessary to conform to requirements of law or comply with the legal process served on us.
We do not sell or exchange lists we maintain that may include your Personal Information collected on the Organic Without Boundaries (referred to as OWB) blog or International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements e.V. (referred to as IFOAM – Organics International) website or through other activities.
- We use Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance based payment gateways to ensure we protect your personal and credit card information against potential fraud. We may verify with the third-parties the information collected in the course of processing a donation, an event registration, or other individual giving. If you use credit or debit card on our blog, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and check that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
How do we protect your information?
- OWB’s underlying server is maintained on a regular basis to identify and fix security holes and/or known vulnerabilities; in order to make your visit to our blog as safe as possible.
- We do not use Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained in secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures and maintain the safety of your personal information in a discreet manner.
- All donation contributions are processed through a gateway provider (e.g. PayPal or Stripe) who guarantees PCI compliance. Your credit card information is neither stored nor processed on our servers.
Do you implement CAN SPAM Act?
Yes. We act in accordance with the German (DE) Federal Data Protection Act which states “don’t send unsolicited email, you must have permission. Don’t conceal the sender’s identity, provide a valid address for opt-out requests, and provide proof of sign up if asked”. For more info click here.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process individual contributions to send information and updates pertaining to donations.
- Send you additional information related to particular topics or ongoing and/or future campaigns you might be interested in.
- Update our mailing list or continue to send emails to our individual donors, visitors, members, contributors, supporters, volunteers and/or guest bloggers after donation contributions have processed.
How to unsubscribe or update your preferences
- At the bottom of each email, you will find links to unsubscribe or update your preferences regarding the topics you are interested in.
How do we notify you about revisions?
How to contact us
Last Updated: August 9, 2018